AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION NEWS – LATEST VISA UPDATES
July 1st, 2020:
Queensland has announced that the migration program for the year 2020/21 will not be opened as of 1st July 2020.
BSMQ has been advised by the Department of Home Affairs (HA) that it will not be in a position to open the 2020/21 migration program on 1 July 2020.
As a consequence, BSMQ’s business and skilled migration program will remain closed on 1 July 2020 until further notice.
Note: BSMQ will not be accepting any Expressions of Interests (EOIs) submitted on Skillselect from 1 July 2020. We will post advice on this website, should the situation change.
July 1st, 2020:
Victoria state has updated that the state nomination program will remain temporarily closed and applicants have to wait for the further announcement regarding the same.
Below is the update from Victoria.
The Victorian Government’s state nomination program will remain temporarily closed while we await the Commonwealth Government’s allocation of state nomination places for 2020-21.
In the meantime, you will not be able to apply for the following state nomination visas:
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa
- Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa
- Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) (Provisional) visa
- Investor stream (subclass 188B) (Provisional) visa
- Significant Investor stream (subclass 188C) (Provisional) visa
- Entrepreneur stream (subclass 188E) (Provisional) visa
- Significant Business History (subclass 132A) (Permanent) visa
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur (subclass 132B) (Permanent) visa
The 2020-21 Victorian state nomination program will open at a date to be advised after further advice from the Commonwealth Government.
Applicants can still lodge Expression of Interest (EOI) through the Commonwealth’s Department of Home Affairs SkillSelect system. An EOI will be required before you can apply for a Victorian visa nomination.